As you perform these exercises, focus on exploding up with everything you have while maintaining control and rhythm, just as you would in a golf swing. You will only get out of the exercises what you put into them, so don't be afraid to push yourself with some intensity, and as always, be sure to fully warm up before performing these or any other exercises and get your doctor's permission.
Video Practice Points
- These exercises build lower body strength, providing the stability that allows the upper body to rotate
- Split Legged Jump - Hold hands over head and scissor the legs, one forward & one back
- Using only your lower body, leap as high as possible and reverse leg positions while in the air
- Both Legs Together - Take a shoulder-width stance, squat and jump into the air, throwing arms up & pulling your knees to your chest
- For each of these exercises, do three sets of 10 with a one minute break between each set
Intermediate Golf Exercises - Leg Exercises