Science of Golf Swing Release: Mickelson vs. Trebuchet
I found a cool way to demonstrate the forces involved in a proper release.
In this video, I flip over a video of a trebuchet and compare its motion to Phil Mickelson's release.
("What's a trebuchet?" you ask. It's a type of catapult.)
You'll be astounded by how similar the two are, and it's a great way to help you understand the golf swing release.
You'll find out:
- How your arms should slow down in your release, and
- How you can avoid the most common release mistakes
Check out this video now to see why you should "let it go" to release your club properly.
Checkpoints for Practice
- Momentum Plays Large Role in Release of Lag
- Near Impact the Hands Slow to Release the Angle in Wrists
- If arms Move to Fast Through Impact, Impossible to Release Lag