Drill to Start Downswing Before Completing Backswing
Online Golf Instruction By: Chuck Quinton, Master Instructor • FULL BIO •
Ever wonder how PGA pros such as Ernie Els perform such a smooth, effortless transition?
I have good news for you:
Building a smooth and powerful transition like Els is not nearly as hard as you think.
In this video, I'll show you the one part of your sequencing that's off.
Then you'll get a simple drill to improve your timing and increase your club head speed.
This drill increased my club head speed from 113 mph to as high as 127 mph, all in about 10 minutes!
You'll find out:
- Why starting your downswing and weight shift at the same time is robbing you of power,
- How performing your transition correctly may improve your timing, power, and consistency, and
- The simple drill that can put it all together for a fluid, pro-style transition!
Watch this video now because you need a proper weight shift for a powerful and consistent swing!
Checkpoints for Practice
- Weight Begins to Shift Left As You Are Still Swinging Back With Arms
- 1. Start With Feet Together
- 2. Step Forward As You Are Swinging Back
- 3. Drive Lead Ankle Into Ground
- 4. Swing Through to Finish