My Favorite Videos
Trace the Plane Line
Do you tend to get "stuck" in the downswing? Do you hit blocks and quick hooks? Do you want to get the ball to start on your intended target line and stay there?. Improper and overly aggressive use of the body is typically the cause. In this video, I give you a simple drill and very important fundamental for the arms that you can work on both at the club and at home to start hitting perfectly straight shots.
- Better golfers often come from inside the plane line (higher handicap players tend to come over the top)
- Better players also tend to get stuck because they're using the upper body too much
- The solution is to keep the body quiet and rotate the arms
- Use a mirror and practice keeping your body square and slowly tracing the plane line
- Also use arm rotation to keep your elbow from getting too far ahead of the club