My Favorite Videos
Golf Swing Speed Release Drill
This video is crucial for teaching you how to conserve energy in the early stages in the swing and then learning to unleash some serious speed with minimal effort through impact.
- Speed is only needed at impact - speed generated at the top of the swing is wasted
- For the drill, hold a club upside down in the right hand and use elevation, flexion, rotation to get to the top
- Squat, bring the arm in and snap through impact to bring the club down
- The right wrist maintains lag then snaps at the bottom
- Stop & check position at impact - once that's correct, go ahead and complete the swing at speed
- Listen to the club cutting through the air - you should hear speed through the impact position
Thisgolf swing release drill teaches you the difference between speed and power. The release of the golf club is the key to speed and this drill teaches you how to release for maximum speed with minimal effort, but also how to time the release at the right part of the golf swing.