My Favorite Videos
Trail Arm Release - Throw the Ball Drill Pt 1
This is THE key drill for really understanding how the downswing sequencing works. This 20 minute long video is one of the most important on the site.
- If the drill feels natural, you're probably fine - if it feels strange, you need to work on it
- In setup position, set the right arm where it would be at the top of the swing - keep the shoulder blade down
- Rotate back then throw a ball with the right hand, working to feel that the shoulders and hips remain shut
- In fact, the throwing motion will cause a natural weight shift leaving hips open while the right shoulder stays back
- Feel that the pivot point (the shoulder) does not move beyond the release point (the ball)
- This helps golfers who over-pull from the left and over-spin their hips
- The hips need to brace up in neutral at impact so the power of the swing transmits up the chain to the shoulders, arms and club
The Throw the Ball Drill is for those who have already mastered using the left or lead side of the body during the downswing and are now seeking to add power.