The culmination in the three part series on correct weight shift in the golf swing gets us off the right side and loaded onto the left glute. This video shows how to correctly and safely shift your weight to the left in the golf swing. The activation of the right muscles is critical for stability and the application of power from the rest of the kinematic chain. Al Consoli of Rotary Swing Golf demonstrates the proper movements while Chuck Quinton discusses the movements, drills and exercises to train your brain how to move correctly.
Video Practice Points
- The head drops a little as muscles activate in the weight shift
- Weight moves back onto the left heel, placing the hip in neutral & activating the glute
- Weight on the ball of the foot is unstable and puts strain on the knee
- Drill 1 - Stand with feet together, then hop onto left foot & drive the weight into the left heel, activating the glute
- Drill 2 - Practice lunges, keeping the knee stacked over the ankle as you go down
Proper Weight Shift to the Left in the Golf Swing
What Move Starts the Golf Swing?
A Student's Swing - The Bump Transition