My Favorite Videos
Load Right Glute: Shorten Swing, Start Transition
You're going to find out an easy way to shorten your golf swing. In fact, if you practice what’s in this video, you simply won’t be able to overswing. You’ll also find yourself in a much more powerful position to transition into the downsing.
- Overswinging is caused by swinging back with the arms and letting the body just follow along
- As a result the body never feels fully loaded, so you keep turning until the arms and shoulders feel some load
- Fix it by loading into the right glute as soon as you start the takeaway
- Twist on the right hip, keeping the right knee as quiet as possible
- When your right glute feels fully loaded, it's time to start the downswing
Struggling with overswinging in your backswing, no matter how hard you try not to? Tired of your golf instructor yelling at you to "just stop right here?" Your body uses tension as its primary indicator of how far to move or load a muscle during the golf swing and the reason you can't stop overswinging is because you don't have the correct muscles loaded in the right sequence. But once you follow the instructions in the golf video you'll be able to stop overswinging once and for all!