My Favorite Videos
Understanding Shoulder Elevation
At the request of members from the forum, Al Consoli has put together this great video on understanding shoulder elevation during the backswing. So many golfers get their arms buried deep behind their chest during the takeaway and that leads to numerous swing faults. Understanding how simple it is to have an on plane takeaway and just how small the movements really are will be a revelation to many after watching this video. If you've struggled with getting across the line at the top of your swing or getting the club working too deep behind you, this video will change the way you think of the arm movement in the backswing forever.
- Shoulder elevation does not mean lifting the shoulders!
- Shrugging the shoulders disconnects you from your core, causing all kinds of problems in the golf swing
- Shoulder elevation means raising your arms in a vertical plane, hinging from the shoulders
- Elevation is combined with rotation into a single, smooth movement
- Go back and review the Bucket Drill