The long bunker shot in the 25-30 yard range is considered to be one of the toughest shots in the game of golf. In truth, it's not that difficult of a shot, it just requires the golfer to make a confident, aggressive swing. If you follow the fundamentals from "Short Game Made Simple", you will see that there are only a couple things to consider when playing a long bunker shot.
Video Practice Points
- Many golfers fear the longer bunker shots, but there are two ways to approach them
- You can use your usual club and make a bigger swing, or take your usual swing and use a club with less loft
- Taking a bigger swing with the same club gives you a margin of error, but requires a little more swing control
- If you use a club with less loft, you take your usual sand shot - a little less aggressive, less acceleration
- Learn and practice both methods so you can choose the approach that feels right on any given day
How to Hit Long Bunker Shots